Research suggests that exercise buddies can provide a powerful combination of support, accountability, motivation and fun that can help keep you going just when you feel like you’ve had enough - a buddy can motivate you to do one more set, run 5 minutes longer or last through an entire XYZ sprint….!
- An exercise buddy can give you the courage to try out a new workout – there is safety in numbers after all.
- When you sweat together, you can drink and/ or eat together afterwards…guilt free!
- Challenging yourself to workout harder can be tough; but when you're working out with your friends, it's easier to take on one general fitness challenge as a group and tailor it to your personal fitness level and goals
- An exercise buddy can help hold you accountable for achieving your goals and staying on track
- You have a built in photographer to take those after workout photos for you to post on social media (hashtag #youarexyz!)
- Choose a buddy with a similar commitment to fitness, both in terms of time and also interests
- Choose a buddy who you have an emotional connection with. Your buddy doesn’t have to be your best friend, but they do have to be someone you care enough about to feel a sense of responsibility and commitment towards. After all, you don’t want to let down the people you care about do you?
When you’ve found your exercise buddy, why not bring them along for a Buddy Ride (your buddy rides on us!) at XYZ? Simply book your bike online first and then call the front desk on 2865 0999 to reserve your buddies bike.