First of all we love you as you come and ride our classes but here’s what really makes us want you front row and center…
- Be on time. This not only shows respect for the instructor but also for your fellow riders. Sure it’s better that someone shows up a little late than not at all (lets not mention the “no shows’!) but out of courtesy don’t make it a habit.
- Help a first timer out. Remember your first time, remember the feeling of not knowing what to do and or what to expect; we don’t mean you should correct their form but if someone looks lost or doesn’t know where the weights are point them in the right direction. Helping a first timer sets a great tone of camaraderie for the class and immediately makes them feel welcome in the XYZ community.
- Grit. To make your instructor fall head over heels for you, show you are giving 110%. We don’t care those about those involuntary grunts or faces of pain that to us looks beautiful and those noises are sweet music to our ears.
Now for the bad news, whilst we still love you for coming along and riding our class, there are some sure fire ways to make us fall a little (just a little!) out of love with you…
- Using your phone in class. Put that phone to good use…use it after class! That means selfies or even better, group sweat pictures letting us know how hard you worked make us swell with pride - but keep it to after class. Phones in class make us think you would rather be elsewhere and if you’re on your phone you may as well be. It’s 50 minutes guys!
- Front row and taking it easy. We know sometimes you just don’t have the energy to go 110% that's cool, but book a bike at back. We love that you came but if you’re on the front get ready to work - you’re responsible for leading the rows behind. Be the leader we know you are.
- Yesterdays gym clothes. Ok we are going to get funky and sweaty together but lets make that a progression like our workout, not arrive smelling like we have just killed it in a spin class.
Love the XYZ Trainers.